Tips for Moving During COVID-19 & Other Health Crises in Erie, PA
The impacts of the current health and economic crises continue to be felt worldwide, and the moving industry is no exception. That being said, finding ways to adapt to these new challenges has been one of the keys to normalcy for our customers, and this has been the case for Birkmire Trucking & Transportation as well. Moving is an intensive decision that requires planning, and without a clear idea of how long this pandemic will last, you can’t be expected to put your life on hold forever. That’s why Birkmire continues to rise to the occasion by taking the proper safety precautions to keep our customers and our workers safe. Here’s an article on how to make a mask for truckers. Read on to learn more about what you can do to simplify the moving process in the time of COVID-19.
Safety Precautions for Moving During a Pandemic
Birkmire Trucking & Transportation is comprised of a team of professional drivers and workers with ample moving experience. As a company, we understand the safety of our customers and their belongings always come first. As we continue to revise our process and amplify the safety measures surrounding each and every move we assist, there are a few tips we recommend customers take throughout their move:
- Clean and disinfect. Oftentimes, folks will hire professionals to assist in the cleaning tasks associated with moving out. Unfortunately, due to current circumstances, we recommend taking the cleaning into your own hands. According to the CDC, this includes disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and paying close attention to instructions located on each of the cleaning products you are using for maximum effectiveness.
- Avoid physical contact. The fact is, professional movers are professionals for a reason; they don’t need your assistance. In the interest of safety, practice social distancing while workers load and unload your belongings. Keep children, pets, or immunocompromised family members in a separate space if necessary.
- Wash your hands. Don’t be afraid to request that workers wash their hands at regular intervals throughout the moving process. If possible, limit restroom visits to one restroom in the space and offer disinfectant near doorknobs and light switches throughout the area.
- Practice other CDC protocol. In addition to regularly washing hands and disinfecting surfaces, the CDC recommends wearing face masks, limiting food sharing, and avoiding touching your face in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Disinfect your home before settling in. Cleaning your new residence can be a daunting task, but it’s more important now than ever. A good way to stay organized and chip away at the task is to disinfect objects as you unpack. If necessary, contact your local government agency to learn more about properly disposing of or recycling boxes and packing materials.
A Big Box Moving Company | Moving Solutions in Erie, Pa.
Whether you’re relocating locally or across the country, Birkmire has the resources and staff to get you there efficiently. We deliver 5’ by 8’ Big Box storage units to your door as requested, allowing you to pack (and unpack) at your own convenience; utilize several, and only pay for those that you need. For high-quality, stress-free packing, Birkmire recommends Tri-State Moving Services.
Longer moves can be facilitated by our professional drivers, who transport your Big Box storage units and arrange for curbside delivery. Birkmire Trucking & Transportation is dedicated to alleviating unnecessary fees and expediting the unloading process. Our company also offers transitional self-storage for those in a short-term housing situation, waiting on current residents to move out or construction on the home to be completed. Birkmire offers a wide variety of moving solutions that help our customers complete a smooth transition during these difficult times; contact us today to learn more about how we can assist your upcoming move.